An Old School Catholic Message Board

Honor Killings

KnightofChrist

dominicansoul

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1260459549' post='2017452']
Yes, the discussion was dragged down to a low level and I would close the thread were I a mod, but really, that statement is not as bad as what preceded it, namely "pedophile warmonger" stuff. And the behavior of Christians on this forum reflects on everyone and on the Church. Catholics have always been held to a higher standard here and this is just imo. When someone comes here and bashes the Church I may be offended and upset, but I do not feel personally ashamed. In the case of some above statements I am personally ashamed.
[/quote]
i agree, but lets not stop the criticism to just Christians on the board...let's tell the non-believers that they stepped over the line as well...I don't understand why their hateful blasphemous rhetoric gets totally ignored...

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 December 2009 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1260459696' post='2017454']
i agree, but lets not stop the criticism to just Christians on the board...let's tell the non-believers that they stepped over the line as well...I don't understand why their hateful blasphemous rhetoric gets totally ignored...
[/quote]
It doesn't go totally ignored. If you see some hateful nonsense that has nothing to do with constructive debate feel free to report it.

HisChildForever

As an aside, I never knew that was a rule - the one L_D posted. I know that doesn't excuse some of the things I said in this thread, but I probably would have been more mindful of my posts if I was aware of it. (In any event, what I said about Muhammad IS historical fact. However, I would have worded it differently.)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1260459549' post='2017452']
Yes, the discussion was dragged down to a low level and I would close the thread were I a mod, but really, that statement is not as bad as what preceded it, namely "pedophile warmonger" stuff. And the behavior of Christians on this forum reflects on everyone and on the Church. Catholics have always been held to a higher standard here and this is just imo. When someone comes here and bashes the Church I may be offended and upset, but I do not feel personally ashamed. In the case of some above statements I am personally ashamed.
[/quote]
When you study the early history of Islam, you see that Mohammad was involved in battle after battle, so to the title "Warlord" and the term "Warmonger" are accurate.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1260458796' post='2017449']
And Todd, I know the meaning of "ecumenical," but this guideline obviously applies to interreligious dialog as well.

But really, it is one thing to have a debate about Islam between Catholics and it is another to be intentionally blasphemous to Muslims who visit this site for no purpose other than to be rude. Comments such as "Muhammad the pedophile" are wrong.
[/quote]
If I am banned for speaking truthfully about Islam, so be it.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1260459948' post='2017457']
As an aside, I never knew that was a rule - the one L_D posted. I know that doesn't excuse some of the things I said in this thread, but I probably would have been more mindful of my posts if I was aware of it. (In any event, what I said about Muhammad IS historical fact. However, I would have worded it differently.)
[/quote]
I heart u btw. :punk:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1260459826' post='2017456']
It doesn't go totally ignored. If you see some hateful nonsense that has nothing to do with constructive debate feel free to report it.
[/quote]
that's not what I'm talking about...what i mean, is why does everyone jump all over the Christians, complaining about their posts, but no one ever mentions the blasphemy that the non-believers love to throw around...
for example:
"your religion is a joke." ignored
"mohammad the pedophile." HOW DARE YOU! -1....and then the following conversation ensues about how uncharitable we all are...

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='10 December 2009 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1260460014' post='2017458']
When you study the early history of Islam, you see that Mohammad was involved in battle after battle, so to the title "Warlord" and the term "Warmonger" are accurate.
[/quote]

Yeah this is true too.

I have to be faithful to Christ, and if that means that I get suspended or banned, so be it. I cannot compromise my faith just in order to post at an internet forum, even though I like Phatmass a lot (I wouldn't have over 17,000 posts otherwise), but I love Christ a lot more. It is by the grace of Christ alone that I am alive, and my life is His.

:)

Edited by Apotheoun

Laudate_Dominum

What is considered inappropriate is not representing the truth, but actually misrepresenting the truth, which is what often happens when otherwise meaningful debates degenerate into contests of insulting rhetoric.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1260460094' post='2017460']
I heart u btw. :punk:
[/quote]

@@

LOL, just kidding.

Yeah, I don't retract my statements but I will admit that they should have been worded differently, and shouldn't have been randomly thrown around. You know I have a short fuse, and when that guy started attacking my physical appearance and my sex - not explicitly in regards to sex but his behavior implied it - well you get the idea. :saint:

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='10 December 2009 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1260460092' post='2017459']
If I am banned for speaking truthfully about Islam, so be it.
[/quote]

I don't want you banned. :blowkiss:

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1260460571' post='2017464']
What is considered inappropriate is not representing the truth, but actually misrepresenting the truth, which is what often happens when otherwise meaningful debates degenerate into contests of insulting rhetoric.
[/quote]
I stand by everything that I have said. My comments have been based on my formal study of Islam, and my private reading before and after completing my degree.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 December 2009 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1260460571' post='2017464']
[/quote]
St. John Damascene referred to Islam as "vile superstition" are you saying that a Christian cannot follow that saint's example?

Edited by Apotheoun

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='10 December 2009 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1260460815' post='2017470']
I stand by everything that I have said. My comments have been based on my formal study of Islam, and my private reading before and after completing my degree.
[/quote]
I highly doubt that you're in any danger of being banned bro. lulz.

:beer: