An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims On Flight Cause Panic

Lil Red

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1260461271' post='2017478']
You guys are really quick to discredit anyone who speaks against Islam or against a Muslim - even if the person speaking out is entirely justified and their information based on fact.
[/quote]

Eh, that's too bad sweetheart.
At least we aren't hypocritical, stereotypical or fear religion.

HisChildForever

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1260461539' post='2017481']
Eh, that's too bad sweetheart.
At least we aren't hypocritical, stereotypical or fear religion.
[/quote]

I know this is a new experience for you, being talked back to by a woman, so I'm going to let your condescension slide.

So has a Muslim ever done something wrong (let's be specific and say a significant Muslim leader) or are you all just perfect?

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1260462000' post='2017490']
I know this is a new experience for you, being talked back to by a womans, so I'm going to let your condescension slide.

So has a Muslim ever done something wrong (let's be specific and say a significant Muslim leader) or are you all just perfect?
[/quote]

Oooo, what a blow to my ego!
Woman? Are we talking about yourself here? What a joke.

I can ask you the same question.

Edited by bhrhrahraa

dominicansoul

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1260461103' post='2017476']
Islamophobia as I see it.
Majority doesn't apply to every single bearded, turban-wearing, Arabic speaking guy you meet.
[/quote]
of course as you see it, it's islamophobia...but what I said is a fact...not an opinion.

maybe that's why there was such a fuss on this plane...it's not that people are islamophobics, it's cause of the bad record muslims have when it comes to terrorism...

HisChildForever

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1260462229' post='2017493']
Oooo, what a blow to my ego!
Woman? Are we talking about yourself here? What a joke.[/quote]

Another demonstration of my point.

[quote]I can ask you the same question.
[/quote]

I have never denied that there has existed, and there does exist, corrupted Catholic and non-Catholic Christian leaders.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1260462610' post='2017500']
Another demonstration of my point.

I have never denied that there has existed, and there does exist, corrupted Catholic and non-Catholic Christian leaders.
[/quote]

And you're claiming that we think Muslims are perfect?
Human beings are born to be human beings, resulting in sins, mistakes, etc. We wouldn't be human otherwise. We have free-will as well.
Right, so there have been corrupt Catholic leaders, right? So tell me, does that speak for the rest of Catholics because of whatever this leader may have done? If you can answer that question, then you'll get your answer for mine by yourself.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1260462000' post='2017490']
[b]I know this is a new experience for you, being talked back to by a woman, so I'm going to let your condescension slide.[/b]

[/quote]

IMO this was a very disrespectful remark.

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='10 December 2009 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1260463451' post='2017519']
IMO this was a very disrespectful remark.
[/quote]
Actually bhrhrahraa remarks were disrespectful, but you evidently you didn't read his post.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='10 December 2009 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1260463730' post='2017521']
Actually bhrhrahraa remarks were disrespectful, but you evidently you didn't read his post.
[/quote]
of course not, bhrhrah (whatever his name is)...he's a non-believer...what non-believers say on this board we MUST respect...but any sign of the rest of us getting out of line...there's someone quick to criticize and judge...

...okay...i'm gonna stop pointing out the obvious now... continue...

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 December 2009 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1260464312' post='2017531']
of course not, bhrhrah (whatever his name is)...he's a non-believer...what non-believers say on this board we MUST respect...but any sign of the rest of us getting out of line...there's someone quick to criticize and judge...

...okay...i'm gonna stop pointing out the obvious now... continue...
[/quote]

How is that even relevant to any of this? I'm the believer and you're the infidel.

Edited by bhrhrahraa

dominicansoul

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1260464708' post='2017539']
How is that even relevant to any of this? I'm the believer and you're the infidel.
[/quote]
:yawn:

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='11 December 2009 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1260456834' post='2017422']
not all muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are muslim... (it's a fact, not "islamophobia."
[/quote]
Gots stats to back that up? If not maybe you should read a book called "dying to win"(it covers suicide/suicidal operations by non state actors in the last 30 years)

[quote name='Winchester' date='10 December 2009 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1260416624' post='2017224']
You got statistics on profiling?
You know anything about it beyond liberal press bullshinobi?
Ican guess a guy who plays D&D fairly accurately. Some people flyunder the radar, but ignoring common attributes is asinine. Again, Ilike to think Muslims and Catholics and Jews (I forgot Jews, last time)have some common sense still living in their cultures. This pretendingappearances tell us nothing is for liberal white devils.

That is a funny joke, though.
[/quote]
Nope but I got friends who are senior detectives in the Australian police and I talk to ASIO(aussie intelligence agency) from time to time.
Let me quess you are American. See the thing about bagging things out as being "liberal press conspiracy" is that the same tactic is used by "liberals" by calling anything they do not want to talk about as being racist.

But how exactly would someone profile a religion?

dominicansoul

[quote name='Pomak' date='10 December 2009 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1260466700' post='2017571']
Gots stats to back that up? If not maybe you should read a book called "dying to win"(it covers suicide/suicidal operations by non state actors in the last 30 years)
[/quote]

Well...let me see...

...9/11---by muslims
...terrorists attacks in britain....by muslims
...terrorists attacks in Spain....by muslims
....terrorist attacks in Mumbai....by muslims...

...terrorist attacks in Iraq, Pakistan, Thailand...by muslims
...terrorist attacks when someone called a teddy bear "mohammad"...by muslims
...terrorist attacks when someone printed a cartoon of mohammed...by muslims
...terrorist attacks when Pope Benedict quoted a historical figure from the past...by muslims

Why do you believe God asks you to kill? Why do you guys believe that religion has to do with violence and force? If someone doesn't believe like you do, well...they are infidels in your eyes and so be it in your eyes...but is that a reason to kill?

when you kill because people don't believe...that's the reason for what you conveniently call "islamophobia." it is why millions if not billions of people believe muslim=terrorists...

that shouldn't be hard to understand...don't be so offended...you should realize how evil your more warring brothers have been...

[quote]Well...let me see...

...9/11---by muslims
...terrorists attacks in britain....by muslims
...terrorists attacks in Spain....by muslims
....terrorist attacks in Mumbai....by muslims...

...terrorist attacks in Iraq, Pakistan, Thailand...by muslims
...terrorist attacks when someone called a teddy bear "mohammad"...by muslims
...terrorist attacks when someone printed a cartoon of mohammed...by muslims
...terrorist attacks when Pope Benedict quoted a historical figure from the past...by muslims[/quote]

Those are examples, but not statistics. (and a few of them are rather fruity)
[quote]Why do you guys believe that religion has to do with violence and force?[/quote]
Because to stand up to oppression and end that oppression by standing up is more meritorious than to let oppressors rule the world.

[quote]If someone doesn't believe like you do, well...they are infidels inyour eyes and so be it in your eyes...but is that a reason to kill?[/quote]Generally we have not really had problems with "convert or die" mentalities. We know that a forced conversion is pointless in the sight of god.

[quote]
when you kill because people don't believe...that's the reason for what you conveniently call "islamophobia.[/quote]

Right so when my friend Will gets fired from 3 jobs, gets bear thrown at him, is stopped by police, only because he wear a turban, this is all justified in your eyes?

In fact your logic shares more in common with Osama's logic than anything.

It is unlikely that a person will find any statistics on the number of terrorist attacks perpetrated by Muslims, because to collect information of that kind in Western countries is held to be politically incorrect.