An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims On Flight Cause Panic

Lil Red

[quote name='Socrates' date='08 December 2009 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1260332249' post='2016463']
Yes, those Muslims are indeed an embarrassment to Islam. True sons of Mohammed would have demanded that everyone on board convert to Islam, then fought everyone who refused to submission, enslaving any survivors that remained Christian.
Modern-day Muslims are a joke, just like most modern-day politically correct liberal "Christians."

I'll be sure to avoid any such buffoonish behavior on an airline. Thanks for the tip.
[/quote]
This aggression will not stand, man.

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1260407469' post='2017069']
Typical Islamophobia.

Not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs.
In fact, most Arabs don't even speak fluent/proper Arabic.
[/quote]
Yeah, they were probably just rednecks in turbans who happened to speak fluent Arabic.

[quote name='Socrates' date='09 December 2009 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1260408001' post='2017079']
Yeah, they were probably just rednecks in turbans who happened to speak fluent Arabic.
[/quote]

You're missing the point.

Just because someone speaks Arabic necessarily doesn't mean they are Muslims.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='09 December 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1260407914' post='2017077']
This is like having another Hassan at Phatmass. :)
[/quote]

Who's idea was it to go over to their forum again?

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1260407469' post='2017069']
Typical Islamophobia.

[/quote]
In fairness, we aren't seeing klansmen or buddhists hijacking planes and ramming them into buildings. We aren't fighting against Canadians or Jews. It was a sensible reaction.

[quote name='Winchester' date='09 December 2009 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1260413511' post='2017167']
In fairness, we aren't seeing klansmen or buddhists hijacking planes and ramming them into buildings. We aren't fighting against Canadians or Jews. It was a sensible reaction.
[/quote]

So, if I see a man with long hair and a beard, I am automatically supposed to assume he's a hippy?
That's like racial profiling, if truth be told.

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1260413673' post='2017171']
So, if I see a man with long hair and a beard, I am automatically supposed to assume he's a hippy?
That's like racial profiling, if truth be told.
[/quote]
It's more like cultural profiling.

I like to think Muslims and Catholics are above the lame modern rhetoric.

Many years ago, I had long hair, drove a 71 VW Campmobile. I got pulled over at 2AM by a cop. You know how many times he asked if I had drugs? He profiled. In talking to me, he got that I wasn't a dirty hippie.

We're not talking about some guy who was speaking Arabic. We're talking about a guy speaking Arabic and disobeying orders on the plane. That will get you booted no matter what, and with the other behaviors, it's lucky no one got tased or shot. Profiling works if used properly, and when it's wrong, too bad. Get over it.

Edited by Winchester

[quote]Profiling works if used properly, and when it's wrong, too bad. Get over it. [/quote]

Except that usually it doesn't. To quote a Muslim comedian, "If I was to go and try to blow up the plane, this(pointing to his rather large beard) isn't really the look I would go with. Not exactly discreet".

And how would you profile Muslims?
Beard- I know tons of people who are Muslim but have no beards and I know non Muslims who have massive beards
Turban/kufi- Not all Muslims wear them and personally when I wear it, I get asked if I am a Jew lol
Skin color- well not sure all those Latino and African Christians would appreciate it.

[quote name='Pomak' date='09 December 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1260416396' post='2017221']
Except that usually it doesn't. To quote a Muslim comedian, "If I was to go and try to blow up the plane, this(pointing to his rather large beard) isn't really the look I would go with. Not exactly discreet".

[/quote]
You got statistics on profiling?
You know anything about it beyond liberal press bullshinobi?
I can guess a guy who plays D&D fairly accurately. Some people fly under the radar, but ignoring common attributes is asinine. Again, I like to think Muslims and Catholics and Jews (I forgot Jews, last time) have some common sense still living in their cultures. This pretending appearances tell us nothing is for liberal white devils.

That is a funny joke, though.

dominicansoul

Typical Islamophobia.

[/quote]
not all muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are muslim... (it's a fact, not "islamophobia."

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 December 2009 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1260456834' post='2017422']
not all muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are muslim... (it's a fact, not "islamophobia."
[/quote]

Islamophobia as I see it.
Majority doesn't apply to every single bearded, turban-wearing, Arabic speaking guy you meet.

Edited by bhrhrahraa

HisChildForever

You guys are really quick to discredit anyone who speaks against Islam or against a Muslim - even if the person speaking out is entirely justified and their information based on fact.