An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims On Flight Cause Panic

Lil Red

They should have watched that old sketch by Chris Rock on how not to get your butt kicked by the police.

"If you jump a subway turnstile. You might just get away with a warning from the police. But if you jump a subway turnstile with a gat and a blunt in your mouth. You need your butt kicked."

[quote name='desertwoman' date='07 December 2009 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1260247290' post='2016001']
They should have watched that old sketch by Chris Rock on how not to get your butt kicked by the police.

"If you jump a subway turnstile. You might just get away with a warning from the police. But if you jump a subway turnstile with a gat and a blunt in your mouth. You need your butt kicked."
[/quote]
That was a good sketch. :D
"Get a white friend!" :lol:

If your woman is mad at you, leave her at home, cause a mad woman will say anything!"

"HE GOT WEED HE GOT WEED KICK HIS ARSE!"

[quote name='Winchester' date='07 December 2009 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1260236362' post='2015912']
No it doesn't come across as that. You're merely infected with liberal hogwash and hand-wringing. Are there any muslims run countries you'd be happy to live in as a practicing Catholic?
[/quote]

Algeria, Turkey, Lebanon......

I totally want to live in Turkey someday, that place appears to be the bee's knees. And yes if you think turban = Muslim, your neck is crimson. And if I wanted to conduct terrorist recon I wouldn't board a plane packed with jittery Americans in full religious dress with a bunch of my bodies also wearing sacks, and then talk loudly in a foreign language while attempting to use my camcorder in full view of the flight staff. Sort of like how we don't send the Special Forces in wearing Ohio State sweatshirts. However there is always the possibility that these are especially stupid terrorists and not just standard Jerks On A Plane which come in all ages, races, genders, and religions.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='07 December 2009 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1260235472' post='2015904']
Yes it was people claiming to be Muslims who attacked America, so God will wish you to condemn all Muslims to Hell?

..."I pass judgement on no one, but if I were to do so, my judgement would be true, because I am not alone in this; for God who sent me is with me".....
...."Do not judge others and God will not judge you."...

There are Muslims who are an embarrassment to Islam. Please don't do what they do and be an embarrassment to Catholicism. If you want to spread hatred about an entire group of people because of the actions of a minority present in all groups of people then do it in another name because Catholicism doesn't stand for what you are representing.
[/quote]
QUIT.JUDGING. sheesh!

HisChildForever

[quote name='Maggie' date='08 December 2009 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1260275240' post='2016050']
I totally want to live in Turkey someday, that place appears to be the bee's knees. And yes if you think turban = Muslim, your neck is crimson. And if I wanted to conduct terrorist recon I wouldn't board a plane packed with jittery Americans in full religious dress with a bunch of my bodies also wearing sacks, and then talk loudly in a foreign language while attempting to use my camcorder in full view of the flight staff. Sort of like how we don't send the Special Forces in wearing Ohio State sweatshirts. However there is always the possibility that these are especially stupid terrorists and not just standard Jerks On A Plane which come in all ages, races, genders, and religions.
[/quote]

No one here made the assumption that the men are terrorists.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 December 2009 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1260283738' post='2016080']
No one here made the assumption that the men are terrorists.
[/quote]

Eeek, you are technically correct! Sorry :blush: However what then is the article trying to say? Usually when a writer combines the concepts of creepy Muslims and airplanes, the jist he is going for is terrorism. Is it just making the point that these Islamic-appearing people (because again it doesn't seem like anybody is too clear what religion they actually are) were loudmouthed rule-breakers who don't how to behave? Because if so, what do their possible religious preferences have to do with it. If you have ever been on a plane with a drunk, white, presumably Christian Chicagoan as I have, you know that the hijab wearers don't have a monopoly on the Airplane Crazy.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Maggie' date='08 December 2009 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1260293226' post='2016124']
Eeek, you are technically correct! Sorry :blush: However what then is the article trying to say? Usually when a writer combines the concepts of creepy Muslims and airplanes, the jist he is going for is terrorism. Is it just making the point that these Islamic-appearing people (because again it doesn't seem like anybody is too clear what religion they actually are) were loudmouthed rule-breakers who don't how to behave? Because if so, what do their possible religious preferences have to do with it. If you have ever been on a plane with a drunk, white, presumably Christian Chicagoan as I have, you know that the hijab wearers don't have a monopoly on the Airplane Crazy.
[/quote]

Yes, they were "loudmouthed rule-breakers" but they also demonstrated suspicious behavior. There were thirteen of them - quite a group - and they were all men. If women were there, you could assume a bunch of couples were traveling together. You COULD argue against that by saying the men were a group of friends, or business partners, and therefore thirteen men traveling together is not suspicious. BUT they all sat in completely different sections of the plane. So either it was a complete coincidence that THIRTEEN Muslim men were all on the same flight, or they WERE a group who purposefully purchased tickets in different areas of the plane. The latter seems much more likely [especially since a few of them were on the phone and it was presumed that they were calling one another - you do NOT give your number out to some stranger you just met, however nice he is]. Let's not forget the fact that they had camcorders out, too. The two questions to ask are "what was their motive?" and "what were they trying to achieve?" The behavior they demonstrated went beyond "trouble-makers."

They could have all been on a business trip or something, and still had different seats. I don't think that's uncommon on crowded flights. I've even had my own family split up, and we bought all the tickets at once.

HisChildForever

In fact I have NO CLUE what they were thinking. Really. Yes, as I said in an earlier post, our PC society panders to Islam and therefore it is so easy for Muslims to cry out "discrimination" even if said "discrimination" constitutes a person saying "I disagree with your religious beliefs." I can honestly provide an article about a southern Christian couple who were in a religious discussion with a Muslim couple, and the Muslim couple later pressed CHARGES because the Christians "insulted" Muhammad and therefore discriminated against their religious beliefs, some sheer nonsense. In reality the Christian couple simply denied Muhammad as a prophet. Therefore, if a Muslim wanted to manipulate the system it can be done. Boarding a plane in a large group and then scattering to various seats is a little strange; ignoring the flight attendants, overall rude behavior, using cell phones when told not to, and whipping out a camcorder is disturbing. If a white person or an Asian person or a black person or a Hispanic person or a WHOEVER person did that, they would be hauled off the plane and any claims of "discrimination" would be ignored. But when the group is Muslim men wearing traditional clothing? They can kick and scream "discrimination" all they want.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 December 2009 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1260295569' post='2016136']
They could have all been on a business trip or something, and still had different seats. I don't think that's uncommon on crowded flights. I've even had my own family split up, and we bought all the tickets at once.
[/quote]

Then I hope they get fired for their inappropriate and ludicrous behavior. In fact it would be in their company's best interests to do so, because if the men were traveling as a business group they were acting as representatives to their company. By the way, I believe the article stated that some men were in first class and others in business class. If they were traveling together for business then they would have at least been seated in the same class IMO (especially if the company purchased the tickets for them). I am NOT disputing the idea that they were business partners, just trying to make sense of it all.

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='07 December 2009 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1260236390' post='2015915']
Tune in next time for the next exciting episode:"Muslims on a Flight," or, "Sheikhs on a Plane."
[/quote]

That...that was brilliant.