An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims On Flight Cause Panic

Lil Red

+J.M.J.+
[url="http://minx.cc/?post=295425"]Via Ace of Spades[/url]
On AirTran Flight 297 from Atlanta to Houston Hobby, on November 17 this past month, a group of Muslim men began to act oddly. Oddly enough that passengers became directly involved -- deputizing themselves as security agents of last resort -- and a stewardress refused to fly further with the men.

I didn't hear about this, but apparently it was reported on Fox. but not with much oomph; apparently they said just that a man refused to get off his cellphone and a flight was delayed.

There seems to be a lot more to it than that.

Here's a journalist's account after talking, he says, to seven witnesses.

[quote]On November 17, an incident took place aboard AirTran Flight 297 scheduled to fly from Atlanta Hartsfield Airport to Houston that the media does not want to cover and everyone from the airline to the TSA and other government agencies want to keep very quiet. The reasons, I have been told, is fear of predatory lawsuits, negative publicity from accusations of religious profiling, and the obligatory subjugation to mindless mandatory Muslim sensitivity training that make a mockery of our American system of values. Interestingly, one airline official told me “we don’t want to become another flight 300,” which is a reference to a very similar scenario that took place aboard US AirwaysFlight 300 exactly three years ago.[/quote]

[quote]A group of thirteen men dressed in traditional Muslim attire were among 73 passengers who boarded AirTran Flight 297...
As the passengers boarded the aircraft, two of the Muslim men took seats in first class, while the remaining eleven were seated throughout the remaining rows of the aircraft....

As the aircraft began to taxi to the runway, a female flight attendant was beginning to issue the normal passenger advisories over the PA system. Almost on cue at the time passengers were told to turn off all electronic devices, one of the Muslim men seated in the front of the plane began to use his cell phone in a manner that was described by a flight attendant and passenger “as deliberate and obvious.” He was talking loudly in Arabic, nearly at the level of the flight attendant. Some reports suggest that this man actually called another Muslim passenger, although this has not been immediately confirmed. It is possible, however, as another passenger reported that a Muslim man seated toward the rear of the plane answered his cellular phone at the same time the man in the front began using his.

At this point, the flight attendant in the front of the plane approached the Muslim man using his telephone and instructed him to immediately turn it off. A second female flight attendant did the same at the rear of the aircraft. Concurrent with this cellular activity, two other Muslim men seated adjacent near the middle of the aircraft began operating what one passenger described as a palm type camcorder, ostensibly to view previously taken footage. It is possible, according to one flight attendant interviewed by this investigator, however, that the camcorder was being used for recording purposes. Whatever its use, a third flight attendant, aware of the incidents taking place in the front and rear of the aircraft, approached the two men for the purpose of securing the camcorder. At least two passengers reported that the men became abusive to the flight attendant and initially refused to comply with her request.

It was at this time that most of the passengers began to notice the multiple incidents involving over a dozen men dressed in Islamic attire. Next, as if previously rehearsed, at least ten of the 13 Muslim men aboard the aircraft began to leave their seats at the same time. At least one passenger stated she observed one of the Muslim passengers using his cell phone to take photos of other passengers on the aircraft, while one other Muslim passenger sang loudly in Arabic. According to information provided to this investigator from one of the flight crew who was alerted to an onboard emergency, the aircraft was now being taxied back to the terminal. The TSA, FAA and FBI were notified.[/quote]

homeschoolmom

[quote name='CatherineM' date='06 December 2009 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1260155910' post='2015565']
It almost seems like they were trying to cause a scene to get something on tape to sue the airline about.
[/quote]
Yep, that's what I'm thinking...

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='07 December 2009 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1260156320' post='2015567']
Yep, that's what I'm thinking...
[/quote]
I wonder if they were really Muslims or those 'Chasers war on everything' pranksters again?

HisChildForever

[quote name='CatherineM' date='06 December 2009 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1260155910' post='2015565']
It almost seems like they were trying to cause a scene to get something on tape to sue the airline about.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, our society is disgustingly politically correct. What is even more unfortunate is that our society panders to Islam. Clearly these men got the memo and are milking it for all its worth. So, like you said, they can sue.

Edited by HisChildForever

I wonder how the journalist knew they were Muslim... a mind reader? Probably one of those rednecks who thinks turban = Muslim. I have a Sikh friend who has experienced this.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Maggie' date='07 December 2009 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1260233165' post='2015888']
I wonder how the journalist knew they were Muslim... a mind reader? Probably one of those rednecks who thinks turban = Muslim. I have a Sikh friend who has experienced this.
[/quote]

I would assume that they know the men's identities.

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='Maggie' date='07 December 2009 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1260233165' post='2015888']
[/quote]
Yeah, let's hate us some rednecks! Woooo! I remember those stupid rednecks on Flight 93! Stupid rednecks.

Apart from your obvious prejudices, would it be a good thing if a bunch of Sikhs made asses of themselves on the flight? Think.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='07 December 2009 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1260233637' post='2015891']
I would assume that they know the men's identities.
[/quote]
No, it's clearly rednecks causing problems. Obviously they should have been permitted to finish their phone calls.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Winchester' date='07 December 2009 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1260233879' post='2015893']
No, it's clearly rednecks causing problems. Obviously they should have been permitted to finish their phone calls.
[/quote]

ROFL!

Mark of the Cross

Yes it was people claiming to be Muslims who attacked America, so God will wish you to condemn all Muslims to Hell?

..."I pass judgement on no one, but if I were to do so, my judgement would be true, because I am not alone in this; for God who sent me is with me".....
...."Do not judge others and God will not judge you."...

There are Muslims who are an embarrassment to Islam. Please don't do what they do and be an embarrassment to Catholicism. If you want to spread hatred about an entire group of people because of the actions of a minority present in all groups of people then do it in another name because Catholicism doesn't stand for what you are representing.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='07 December 2009 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1260230877' post='2015882']
Unfortunately, our society is disgustingly politically correct. What is even more unfortunate is that our society panders to Islam. Clearly these men got the memo and are milking it for all its worth. So, like you said, they can sue.
[/quote]

<3

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 December 2009 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1260235530' post='2015906']
Who here condemned all Muslims to Hell??
[/quote]
No one, but that is what it comes across as because You keep using the word 'Muslim' and attacking people who defend them instead of using 'a group of trouble makers' or what about other groups of people who do stupid or arrogant things? The world is full of incidents of wrongfulness, why do you always [i]seem[/i] to be singling out Muslims. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we supposed to be changing what we can and accepting that God will take care of what we can't and having the sense to know the difference.