An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is This?

mortify

[img]http://www.seattlecatholic.com/images/articles/TimeBombs.jpg[/img]

What is this?

Where is it occurring?

What are the circumstances surrounding this event?

[quote name='mortify' date='04 December 2009 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1259981437' post='2014633']
[img]http://www.seattlecatholic.com/images/articles/TimeBombs.jpg[/img]

What is this?

Where is it occurring?

What are the circumstances surrounding this event?
[/quote]

They are lighting the fire which will be used to light the Easter candle?

[quote name='Veridicus' date='04 December 2009 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1259981781' post='2014641']
They are lighting the fire which will be used to light the Easter candle?
[/quote]

Looks like some sort of offering

[quote name='mortify' date='04 December 2009 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1259981942' post='2014645']
Looks like some sort of offering
[/quote]

well they're wearing habits so it must be an old picture. Probably some folk Mass/polka dance/environmental convention from the 70s.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='philothea' date='05 December 2009 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1259991160' post='2014798']
Er, just working from memory, but I think that was the dedication of the Los Angeles Cathedral.
[/quote]
Yeah, that's exactly where that is from. That pic is on the cover of a certain Michael Davies book and I looked into it once.

I have an insane collection of pics from Cardinal Mahoney Masses. Thousands of pics for sure... You could lose your lunch looking at them.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='04 December 2009 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1259991361' post='2014805']
Yeah, that's exactly where that is from. That pic is on the cover of a certain Michael Davies book and I looked into it once.

I have an insane collection of pics from Cardinal Mahoney Masses. Thousands of pics for sure... You could lose your lunch looking at them.
[/quote]

typically losing your lunch means something else entirely...

[quote name='philothea' date='04 December 2009 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1259991160' post='2014798']
Er, just working from memory, but I think that was the dedication of the Los Angeles Cathedral.
[/quote]

For a bit there I was having second thoughts about my "concerned" vote on the other thread after everyone was so upbeat and saying positive things. Then sober reminders like this that we're a long way from out of the mess.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='04 December 2009 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1259991361' post='2014805']

[/quote]

Yeah its probably best for my health that I never see those. Seriously. What the world needs, apparently, are more cathedrals designed intentionally with an absence of right angles.

Edited by Veridicus

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='05 December 2009 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1259991565' post='2014811']
typically losing your lunch means something else entirely...
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/lolwut.jpg[/IMG]

hmm i thought you were referring to loosing a lunch hour looking at millions of pics. i was referring to throwing up. blowing chunks. upchucking. revisiting breakfast.

Edited by Jesus_lol

[quote name='Veridicus' date='05 December 2009 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1259991574' post='2014812']
For a bit there I was having second thoughts about my "concerned" vote on the other thread after everyone was so upbeat and saying positive things. Then sober reminders like this that we're a long way from out of the mess.
[/quote]
Yes, well, I do most of my churchgoing within the Diocese of Peoria... I might feel different if I had to deal with L.A.!

But I think the overall trend is moving away from wackyness. Certain outposts my resist the trend for a while, though.