An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Are Things In The Roman Catholic Church?

mortify

The Roman Catholic Church  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think most are upbeat for two reasons:

1. Because we must be, otherwise we are saying something is not right with the Church, and we know that can't be possible (right?)

2. Everything will get better in the end, no matter how bad things may be this is the Church of Christ and He will save us

[quote name='mortify' date='05 December 2009 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1260029832' post='2014969']
I think most are upbeat for two reasons:

1. Because we must be, otherwise we are saying something is not right with the Church, and we know that can't be possible (right?)

2. Everything will get better in the end, no matter how bad things may be this is the Church of Christ and He will save us
[/quote]
I pick 2!

In general not good.

The serious sins of Catholics are the cause for all the ills in the world today since we are meant to be the salt and the light and we are not.

Things are getting better. Five years ago nobody would have dreamed that every priest of the Western Church would be allowed to celebrate the ancient Roman Liturgy.

Edited by Resurrexi

I voted "upbeat," but had the first question been focused upon catechesis in the Roman Church in America (and some other Western countries) I probably would have voted "concerned."

I first thought concerned, but then I thought that the winds are changing, so "upbeat". It was a difficult question though, because it is very open ended, as Apo is alluding to.

I think we need to properly implicate Vat II. Issues such as Libertarian Theology shows an improper reading of Gaudium. issues of the liturgy, personal holiness and the responsibility of the laity just seems to me that we have not yet realized the proper direction of Vat II.

People need to read more good theology. Good theology. Yes, Good theology. Lets bring some Augustinians into this.

Laudate_Dominum

I think the Church needs to get out of the dark ages and focus on the Cosmic Christ and his ecological passion.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/GC.jpg[/IMG]

:sweat: kidding.

Rev is the man. :beer:

Thanks Buddy (btw, after mucho protest I still need to go to FUS for 3 weeks this summer. We should hang out a little before they kick me out of the state for my uncontainable awesomeness.)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Revprodeji' date='06 December 2009 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1260080646' post='2015271']
Thanks Buddy (btw, after mucho protest I still need to go to FUS for 3 weeks this summer. We should hang out a little before they kick me out of the state for my uncontainable awesomeness.)
[/quote]
Dude... I CAN'T WAIT.

Too bad Hardesty moved away, although... Maybe we could try to do a little weekend road trip to Hickville or wherever he lives now. :punk:

As I heard someone once say, "Sometimes an entire generation must spend 40 years and die in the desert before the people finally reach the Promised Land."

The past 40 (60) years has been that desert.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

In Ireland?

We are seeing the pits of hell.

See

[url="http://clericalwhispers.blogspot.com"]http://clericalwhispers.blogspot.com[/url]

There is no place now for complacency.

The Church here is crashing and burning.