An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Are Things In The Roman Catholic Church?

mortify

The Roman Catholic Church  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='mortify' date='04 December 2009 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1259981221' post='2014631']
What say you?
[/quote]

What [i]are [/i]those nuns doing, precisely?

I'm concerned right this second, but I'm also perfectly confident that these problems will not last. It might take a couple hundred years to fix, but it will be fixed. All in God's time, I suppose.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 December 2009 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1259981480' post='2014635']
I'm concerned right this second, but I'm also perfectly confident that these problems will not last. It might take a couple hundred years to fix, but it will be fixed. All in God's time, I suppose.
[/quote]

You and I think alike my friend.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='04 December 2009 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1259981459' post='2014634']
What [i]are [/i]those nuns doing, precisely?
[/quote]

I was wondering the same so I made it into a separate thread

Servus_Mariae

I find myself to be rather optimistic about the state of the Church. Things are finally moving in a very positive direction. We still have kinks to work out...but they are being worked out. So...things are as good as they can be when the spotless bride of Christ is being cared for by sinful and imperfect people.

[quote name='mortify' date='04 December 2009 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1259983213' post='2014660']
Is feeling concern a bad thing? Meaning, is it a sin against the Holy Spirit or a sign of despair to have concerns?
[/quote]

no. concern can be healthy. despair is useless. resistance is futile.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='04 December 2009 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1259983678' post='2014668']
fuTILE
[/quote]

Okay Locutus. :cyclone:

As an addendum to my vote: I do think things are on the upswing as Servus_Maria suggested. It is telling that the majority of the...less than orthodox...priests that I know are older...while the younger ones (though fewer) are exceedingly in line with the Magesterium. I think as time passes things will improve for those people who bother to remain Catholic in this crazy world.

Edited by Veridicus

Upbeat.
With a guarantee like the one we have, three thousand brigades of slacks-wearing religious attending clownmasses in cathedrals that look more like discothèques than churches, with P&W band of guitars and synthesizers - while indeed less than ideal - could not make me worried.

Upbeat. I've seen lots of positive changes since I converted, 17 years ago. And I thought the Church was doing fine back then!

Which reminds me, I need to write a letter to my (awesome) Bishop to let him know what a great job the new pastor is doing... :love:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='04 December 2009 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1259987809' post='2014711']
Upbeat.
With a guarantee like the one we have, three thousand brigades of slacks-wearing religious attending clownmasses in cathedrals that look more like discothèques than churches, with P&W band of guitars and synthesizers - while indeed less than ideal - could not make me worried.
[/quote]

:sadder:

[quote name='Veridicus' date='05 December 2009 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1259991082' post='2014796']
:sadder:
[/quote]
:console:
This too shall pass.