An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Objective Truth From God

todd_vetter33

[quote name='hot stuff' date='01 December 2009 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1259733684' post='2013047']
There's a direct quote

BTW I would totally love to be facebook friends with your husband.
[/quote]

:mellow:

I'll be sure to let him know next time I see him. :mellow:

I'm a little insulted though, considering you're not even facebook friends with ME.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='02 December 2009 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1259770331' post='2013171']

I'll be sure to let him know next time I see him. :mellow:

I'm a little insulted though, considering you're not even facebook friends with ME.
[/quote]

I figured your husband would be bothered by you friending some strange dude.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='02 December 2009 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1259785468' post='2013280']
I figured your husband would be bothered by you friending some strange dude.
[/quote]

I'm friends with lots of strange dudes.

Actually, most of them are PMers.

[spoiler]Like MIkolbe and Nihil... but don't tell them I said that. You know how sensitive they are.[/spoiler]

[quote name='zunshynn' date='02 December 2009 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1259806331' post='2013476']
I'm friends with lots of strange dudes.

Actually, most of them are PMers.

[spoiler]Like MIkolbe and Nihil... but don't tell them I said that. You know how sensitive they are.[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Let me tell you a little story from last year.

I was in the big school cafeteria eating lunch with my friends. Big long lunch tables with individual chairs. I stood up for a moment to look over the shoulder of my friend next to me, whereupon looking back, I noticed my friend on the other side preparing to steal my chair. Being a school, of course it was crowded and chairs were at a premium. Immediately, being the man of action that I am, I leapt back to take my chair back. Of course the best method of doing so would be to sit in the chair before any young droog can steal it. To my dismay and misfortune however, my friend was slightly quicker than I expected, and pulled the chair out as I sat down. Combine this with the fact that as I had been moving back to reclaim my chair, I had tripped on a backpack and was forced to 'fall' towards my chair, of course planning on landing in it to no great distress, and you will note that I was in fact entirely suspended in the air for an instant before being unceremoniously deposited on the floor under our table, to the laughter and mockery of many. Needless to say it was somewhat painful, but more importantly I had been fundamentally and irreparably betrayed by one whom I believed to be my friend; my ally in battle; even my defender when times were rough. Yes, it was certainly a dark day. I will never forget such an unexpected and abrupt betrayal. I pray to God every hour on the hour that I never again face such an egregious mockery of my trust in friendship and the goodwill of Man.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote]Let me tell you a little story from last year.

I was in the big school cafeteria eating lunch with my friends. Big long lunch tables with individual chairs. I stood up for a moment to look over the shoulder of my friend next to me, whereupon looking back, I noticed my friend on the other side preparing to steal my chair. Being a school, of course it was crowded and chairs were at a premium. Immediately, being the man of action that I am, I leapt back to take my chair back. Of course the best method of doing so would be to sit in the chair before any young droog can steal it. To my dismay and misfortune however, my friend was slightly quicker than I expected, and pulled the chair out as I sat down. Combine this with the fact that as I had been moving back to reclaim my chair, I had tripped on a backpack and was forced to 'fall' towards my chair, of course planning on landing in it to no great distress, and you will note that I was in fact entirely suspended in the air for an instant before being unceremoniously deposited on the floor under our table, to the laughter and mockery of many. Needless to say it was somewhat painful, but more importantly I had been fundamentally and irreparably betrayed by one whom I believed to be my friend; my ally in battle; even my defender when times were rough. Yes, it was certainly a dark day. I will never forget such an unexpected and abrupt betrayal. I pray to God every hour on the hour that I never again face such an egregious mockery of my trust in friendship and the goodwill of Man.

:mellow:[/quote]

:lol_above:

Case in point.

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='zunshynn' date='02 December 2009 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1259807575' post='2013495']
:lol_above:

Case in point.
[/quote]

It's a good thing I have a friend as stalwart as yourself. A friend I truly can count on. A friend about whom I never have to give even a moment's though about the most remote possibility of betrayal or unfaithfulness.
Verily, I am blessed.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 December 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1259807690' post='2013497']

It's a good thing I have a friend as stalwart as yourself. A friend I truly can count on. A friend about whom I never have to give even a moment's though about the most remote possibility of betrayal or unfaithfulness.
Verily, I am blessed.

[/quote]

:sadder:

You know, every time Todd posts, I always think of that Robot Chicken Clip with Calvin and Hobbes.

"Calvin, your parents don't believe, we have to kill them."