An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Thanksgiving A Religious Holiday, Nowadays

add

Is Thanksgiving a religious holiday, anymore?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you ever noticed or thought about the reverence people hold for the holiday, the first thing peoples say in normal conversation all this week was "how was your Thanksgiving" or "who cooked" or "what did you eat", you know what I mean.
I dropped my son back off to college on Sunday afternoon and the traffic on the turnpike was bumper to bumper in both directions, it seems as thou everybody observes this blessed day, to be with family and friends, etc.
You can say turkey day is secular because you are not obligated to attend mass, but there is something spiritual about the big meal( besides all the excess). Friends and family all together, some traveling hundreds of miles only for the sake of it.

It is sacred to share supper this way.

PS: :)) don't forget the pie (pie is good) :))

little_miss_late

apparently, I just want you to know that your family has been in my prayers. My father could have said some of the same things about us that you've said about your kids in this thread but after a few years we all came around. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.