An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Position On Abortion

Fidei Defensor

dauntingknight

"If you have a lightbulb and that lightbulb is a child.
When lit with flowing electricity that bulb is shining light everywhere, showing the area that we are in.
We(the adults/older people)have control whether if the cord is unplugged the light goes out and we still walk proudly through the darkness.
Untill....

We hit into a wall knocking a lamp down and breaking our old hip bones, relizing our mistake for not keeping the light on.
But when we fell, signifies that we are at the end of our life and we fall into the darkness."

dauntingknight

P.S. I don't know I just thought about and just need to type it out.

Edited by dauntingknight

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='20 November 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1258739454' post='2006252']
I'm trying to emphasize that the choice is in one's decisions before pregnancy even occurs. It's a perfectly legitimate position to have and quite frankly, no different than the position that I had when I was Catholic.
[/quote]
and the accurate way to label that position is "pro-life"... not arguing with your position, just your terminology. it's generally accepted that the term "pro-choice" means "in favor of allowing a choice of whether to abort or not"

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Aloysius' date='22 November 2009 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1258938870' post='2007612']
and the accurate way to label that position is "pro-life"... not arguing with your position, just your terminology. it's generally accepted that the term "pro-choice" means "in favor of allowing a choice of whether to abort or not"
[/quote]
I understand, but I'm not bound by other people's definitions. I'm pro-life, yes, but pro-choice properly reflects my attitude and philosophy about our choices in life.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='22 November 2009 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1258941388' post='2007630']
I understand, but I'm not bound by other people's definitions. I'm pro-life, yes, but pro-choice properly reflects my attitude and philosophy about our choices in life.
[/quote]

then why the contradiction in terms? is it you just need to get a rise out of people

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='apparently' date='22 November 2009 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1258947587' post='2007719']
then why the contradiction in terms? is it you just need to get a rise out of people
[/quote]
It's not a contradiction. God gave free will, or so you believe, and humans are free to exercise it. I've already stated my beliefs about it.

Just because you pin a certain belief and attitude to a set of words doesn't mean I do.

I'm an anarchist but believe a monarch should be in charge. My mind is not bound and fettered like you feebleminded mortals

[quote name='notardillacid' date='22 November 2009 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1258951996' post='2007784']
I'm an anarchist but believe a monarch should be in charge. My mind is not bound and fettered like you feebleminded mortals
[/quote]
So basically you're inconsistent and proud of it? ;)

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='notardillacid' date='22 November 2009 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1258951996' post='2007784']
[/quote]
You're just mad because half your tactics are to create strong division with your words, and I'm choosing to embrace new language to describe my position which is perfectly consistent with yours. Oops

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='23 November 2009 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1258954258' post='2007806']
You're just mad because half your tactics are to create strong division with your words, and I'm choosing to embrace new language to describe my position which is perfectly consistent with yours. Oops
[/quote]

The contradiction in terms I was referring to is your definition in your post #21
[quote]"I am pro-choice in that you can choose whether or not you want to have a baby. You do not have a choice to end a life, though."[/quote]
"Pro-choice" refers only to a mother's rights and not the fathers, terminating her pregnancy; secondly the father and forefathers are not included or considered even thou the fetus's genetic makeup is 50% of the fathers side. besides your obvious misuse of the English language, you know full well what the term "pro choice"means in today's lingo.

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='22 November 2009 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1258867526' post='2007187']
fidei defensor, I have to disagree with you. Being a For-Life person, and coming from a coming from a For-Life family, I think that every baby have the same right as any human. Will you kill a 2 year old child, fidei defensor, because that child does not belong on this earth?
[/quote]
Read.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='22 November 2009 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1258938870' post='2007612']
[/quote]
It's a ridiculous euphemism. I like the Godless heathen's usage, which is not unique to him.

[quote name='Winchester' date='23 November 2009 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1258998182' post='2007931']
Read.
[/quote]

aww, but scanning the first sentence for keywords to make a headline is so much more fun!

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='23 November 2009 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1258954258' post='2007806']
[/quote]
You're right, I'm angry. (I live in a world where angry means amused)

I choose to reinvent words and if other people misunderstand me it's because of their close-mindedness

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='notardillacid' date='23 November 2009 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1259001054' post='2007956']
You're right, I'm angry. (I live in a world where angry means amused)

I choose to reinvent words and if other people misunderstand me it's because of their close-mindedness
[/quote]
Rather than make fun of my use of words, how about you show me where "pro-choice" is not appropriate to describe what you and I both believe?

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='23 November 2009 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1259001124' post='2007958']
Rather than make fun of my use of words, how about you show me where "pro-choice" is not appropriate to describe what you and I both believe?
[/quote]
Personally, my only objection is that it's not the commonly accepted definition, so from a standpoint of pure practicality, you'll be explaining yourself constantly. Unless you plan on saying "pro choice" meaning your own definition, but intending to mislead others as to what your opinions are. It's just not as convenient in a lot of cases.