An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrapment Laws?

Lil Red

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='15 November 2009 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1258271519' post='2003158']
Because it is comparable, as Sternhauser pointed out, to a woman offering to lead a man into fornication (or a man lead a woman, for that matter). It's intentionally offering a temptation; God does allow us to be tempted for the sake of trial, but those who actually [i]do [/i]the tempting in Scripture are always referred to as [i]Satan[/i]. Satan is in Hell (obviously).

Even if the retailer sold alcohol to [i]this[/i] minor, that does not mean that he has done so in the past. If he doesn't sell to this minor, that doesn't mean he hasn't. The law is actually [i]asking[/i] people to do something illegal. You don't see a problem with that?

I actually agree with Sternhauser that it is not immoral to sell to minors, but that is a different debate.
[/quote]

. Many people are deterred from wrongdoing by thinking this could be a trap. I don't see a problem with it, again simply don't break that particular law. Its no different than catching online predators and I certainly have no problem with that either.