An Old School Catholic Message Board

Zee Truth Is Out There

Lil Red

Zed or Zee?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Christie_M' date='10 November 2009 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1257912401' post='2000189']
and cheque?
[/quote]
That's one of my personal favourites.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 November 2009 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1257874207' post='1999548']
Colour is spelled properly in Canada.
[/quote]

Silly Canadians. My Gross Anatomy prof last year (my first year of med school) was from Nova Scotia...always interessting pronounciations. It's the little things that make me chuckle...at Canadians. I must really sound like a giant hick next to your Queen's English...

"You just gotta tear that straight oota the body. The organ you're looking for is somewheres in there. Here, take the probe and shove it in and when you hear the crunch, that's aboot how far you need to go." (All mispellings intentional)

Good Ol Dale Saxon. Want to hear a suprise? He was a HOCKEY FAN. No joke. :)

Zee

color

check

honor

Like everything else, we Americans took the original and improved on it, making it more efficient and user-friendly.

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='11 November 2009 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1257961685' post='2000708']
Zee

color

check

honor

Like everything else, we Americans took the original and improved on it, making it more efficient and user-friendly.
[/quote]
Nuh uh. You dumbed it down. Typical.

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='11 November 2009 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1257961685' post='2000708']
Like everything else, we Americans took the original and improved on it
[/quote]Tell that to the makers of The Wicker Man

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 November 2009 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1257963788' post='2000730']
Nuh uh. You dumbed it down. Typical.
[/quote]
No, we honor the Latin spelling tradition instead of the Gallican spelling tradition. You know, the noble pagans who converted to Christianity, rather than the sans "honour" Frenchies who put a French cabaret dancer on the altar of Notre Dame cathedral and worshipped her as the goddess of reason (because that just sounds SO reasonable)...only after releasing the inventor of Sadism from the Bastille, of course...

brightsadness

Zee. But out here in the pacific northwest I have noticed some zeds. I think they are Canadians. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]

[quote name='Raphael' date='12 November 2009 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1258040281' post='2001287']
No, we honor the Latin spelling tradition instead of the Gallican spelling tradition. You know, the noble pagans who converted to Christianity, rather than the sans "honour" Frenchies who put a French cabaret dancer on the altar of Notre Dame cathedral and worshipped her as the goddess of reason (because that just sounds SO reasonable)...only after releasing the inventor of Sadism from the Bastille, of course...
[/quote]
:lol:
All right, you win this one, but our spellings are still better.

[quote name='Raphael' date='12 November 2009 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1258040281' post='2001287']
No, we honor the Latin spelling tradition
[/quote]No you don't, you honour the Latin spelling tradition.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='13 November 2009 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1258122015' post='2002092']
I go to the Latin Mass, and I can not see anything that is close our spelling.
[/quote]
I speak Latin and can guarantee you that English words very closely resemble Latin.

[quote name='Raphael' date='13 November 2009 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1258142249' post='2002283']
I speak Latin and can guarantee you that English words very closely resemble Latin.
[/quote]
On a related note, I think etymology is fascinating!

homeschoolmom

Zed does not rhyme with any other letters and therefore messes up the alphabet song. Zee goes with B, C, D, E, G, P, T and V.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='10 November 2009 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1257903607' post='2000020']
along with "favourite" and "ketchup"
[/quote]
How else do you spell ketchup?

[quote name='Varg' date='11 November 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1257965405' post='2000745']
Tell that to the makers of The Wicker Man
[/quote]
Hated, hated, hated that movie. (Loved the company though, Terra... )