An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Dogs Go To Heaven?

dairygirl4u2c

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Selah' date='27 December 2009 - 05:02 AM' timestamp='1261850564' post='2026251']
Dogs go to hell.

Cats go to heaven :saint:

*runs away*
[/quote]
I agree!

Runs away with you! [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/454.gif[/img]

[quote name='T-Bone _' date='27 December 2009 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1261972674' post='2026760']
Can furries go to Heaven?
[/quote]
:twitch:

Happy_Catholic

One time I was in mass with my dad and brother when a dog ran in and ran up to the altar. It sat down, quietly and seemed to be enjoying, as dogs do, the gospel of the Lord. I laughed, and said to my dad "Hey! Look at that dog!!"

Turns out it was MY dog!!

She would often escape our house and come to church, sometimes sit inside, other times outside. Everyone got a laugh and since she didn't cause any animal related mayhem no one got their panties in a bunch.

She died a few years ago. I don't know if she's in Heaven, but she certainly liked going to mass.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='08 November 2009 - 10:03 AM' timestamp='1257692609' post='1998191']
well, from the CCC:

284 Jason's dog doesn't go to heaven.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot Aalpha, I was drinking a coke when I read this and the resulting chuckle forced me to shoot soda out my nostrils, one should warn about hilarity in a thread to avoid accidents. On another note I seen the catholic church signs in a post on some picture site, a series of signs where someone at the church, hopefully not the priest , posted signs in an argument between a rival protestant church dealing with dog souls and their making it to heaven, the protestant church was right on this, the argument degraded into nonsense ending with "only catholic dogs get to heaven". I was truly embarrassed.

ed

[quote name='journeyman' date='26 December 2009 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1261850375' post='2026247']
C. S. Lewis wrote:
Nor am I greatly moved by jocular inquiries such as 'Where will you put all the mosquitoes?'--
a question to be answered on its own level by pointing out that, if the worst came to the worst, a heaven for
mosquitoes and a hell for men could very conveniently be combined.
The Problem of Pain
chapter 9 'Animal Pain'

[img]http://www.books-about-california.com/Images/Paul_Bunyan/Mosquito_Bee.gif[/img]
[/quote]
This post reminds of of an old Twilight Zone show I seen years ago, a young rock and roller was driving his car fast drinking a beer with the radio cranked and ran a stop sign and hit an old geezer couple. The next thing they were sitting in a room with old fashioned gospel music on the radio, the old couple with shawls on in rocking chairs relaxing and rocking back and forth listening to the music, the young punk getting more and more agitated at the music, and the old people who seemed oblivious to his complaints. A man appears and explains to them they died and the old couple would be here in this room as a reward for their decent lives, for them it was heaven, together, warm and satisfied they smiled. The young guy asked what about me, he was told due to his life he was going to hell, he said I am sure ready take me there then. The man explained one mans heaven is often anothers mans hell.

ed

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='03 January 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1262582059' post='2029362']
Thanks a lot Aalpha, I was drinking a coke when I read this and the resulting chuckle forced me to shoot soda out my nostrils, one should warn about hilarity in a thread to avoid accidents. On another note I seen the catholic church signs in a post on some picture site, a series of signs where someone at the church, hopefully not the priest , posted signs in an argument between a rival protestant church dealing with dog souls and their making it to heaven, the protestant church was right on this, the argument degraded into nonsense ending with "only catholic dogs get to heaven". I was truly embarrassed.

ed
[/quote]
I'm very sad for you. :console:

That was what we call an "exploitable", i.e. there is a website somewhere with a picture of those billboards where you get to add your own text. It wasn't real.