An Old School Catholic Message Board

Varg

pat22

[quote name='notardillacid' date='07 November 2009 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1257575413' post='1997622']
Nothing exploded violently
[/quote]
For no reason. Don't forget that, it's important.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fOORhFmbA6s/SJNAqq9f0AI/AAAAAAAABEo/56aMXlRQf5A/s1600/01AwcAX34POJIAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA-.jpg[/img]

[img]http://migration.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/christianity.jpg[/img]

And if you're wondering where my name comes from, see Varg Vikernes (I only realised he was a neo-Nazi after I named my account after him, just so you know.

Edit: I meisread "world" as "word". I thought you were asking were my name meant >.<

So yeah, the world like came from the big bang and that.

Edited by Varg

[quote name='Varg' date='07 November 2009 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1257602712' post='1997696']
[img]http://migration.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/christianity.jpg[/img]

And if you're wondering where my name comes from, see Varg Vikernes (I only realised he was a neo-Nazi after I named my account after him, just so you know.

Edit: I meisread "world" as "word". I thought you were asking were my name meant >.<

So yeah, the world like came from the big bang and that.
[/quote]
sorry nihil, but i laughed a lot harded at his pic :D

Varg, i didn't mean the world, but matter i general.

Servus_Mariae

Then why the certainty as to the rejection of theism? Agnosticism seems a more acceptable step...not asserting that God exists but not assuming He doesn't either.

Why the certainty God doesn't exist?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Servus_Mariae' date='07 November 2009 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1257628083' post='1997830']
Then why the certainty as to the rejection of theism? Agnosticism seems a more acceptable step...not asserting that God exists but not assuming He doesn't either.

[/quote]

In past debates I do not think he knows or whats to know. It would seem that he would rather live in ignorant bliss.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='07 November 2009 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1257628285' post='1997832']
In past debates I do not think he knows or whats to know. It would seem that he would rather live in ignorant bliss.
[/quote]
If that were so he probably wouldn't be on this phorum.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='pat22' date='07 November 2009 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1257632398' post='1997859']
If that were so he probably wouldn't be on this phorum.
[/quote]

Ah subconsciously that is likely true.

[quote name='Servus_Mariae' date='07 November 2009 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1257628083' post='1997830']

[/quote]
Well do you know how god got here?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Varg' date='07 November 2009 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1257634545' post='1997877']
[/quote]

God is uncaused. If you do not believe in the pop theory, that existence just poped in to being. You too believe in a uncaused cause for existence.

[quote name='Varg' date='07 November 2009 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1257634545' post='1997877']
[/quote]
this is a rather legitimate question, Varg. obviously your not completely rejecting the possibility of a god, otherwise i can't fathom why you hang around here. Agnosticism is a more open-minded view of things.

bottom-line: you and i haven't been convinced with a satisfactory for a god. And we are not going to assume there is a god because we don't know how the heck we got here. but we are not satisfied with ignorance to our own existence. So i think Agnosticism is a better bet. unless you a an Atheist just for the sake of being rebellious

Servus_Mariae

[/quote]

Knight of Christ gave a general answer which is similar to mine, in that God is the uncaused cause. I subscribe to the Thomistic approach to metaphysics in the I believe God to be reality itself. So...what caused reality?

Anyway...you answered my question with a question and I answered with another question and have one more: How do you know God didn't get here?