An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Supports Infanticide

cmotherofpirl

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 November 2009 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1258671082' post='2005857']
^_^ Probably.

If you want to yell at Jim though, be my guest.
[/quote]
I'll probably yell at the kids on my lawn. That's a good substitute for internet aggression.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1258671175' post='2005858']
I'll probably yell at the kids on my lawn. That's a good substitute for internet aggression.
[/quote]
Ooh, do you have a shotgun to wave around?

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1258667776' post='2005808']
I think all the debates about abortion going on here at Phatmass right now demonstrate that the only way Catholics know how to argue is to make inflammatory or overly emotional "arguments" because they have no more way to prove their side than pro-choice people do.

Just saying.
[/quote]

I know right??

Its like back in the 60's and people were all like "give us civil rights!!" They were so emotional and stuff. Like calm down already Rosa.

The rhetoric might get emotional because millions die from this.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1258670595' post='2005848']
And for the 1,000th time, saying that a fetus is a person because it has a soul from God doesn't mean jack-poo to atheists, so it only appeals to like-minded people. Saying that you "have it figured out" isn't an argument. Also saying "well if it's not a person, what is it?" isn't an argument. It's a purposeful attempt to confuse the topic enough to make the person "admit" that the fetus is a person. That's not debate, that's deceit.
[/quote]

Which again goes back to the point I made, which you refuse to debate further. That it was not athiest/scientific thought that ended slavery, lynching, and saw blacks as equals in humanity. It was people of faith how believed in God or gods. The science of those days said Blacks were sub-human, Darwin a atheist/agnostic taught that blacks were lower on the evolutionary scale than whites. The argument of the abolitionist was generally based upon the belief that blacks have souls. Just as we do and should have the same rights as we do. I am not surprised many atheist of today deny that a fetus is a person. Atheism has a track record of denying person hood to certain groups of people.

"At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes...will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the gorilla" (The Races of Man, Charles Darwin 1874, p. 178).

Edited by KnightofChrist

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 November 2009 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1258671287' post='2005859']
Ooh, do you have a shotgun to wave around?
[/quote]
No. My angry voice is plenty.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='hot stuff' date='19 November 2009 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1258671381' post='2005861']
I know right??

Its like back in the 60's and people were all like "give us civil rights!!" They were so emotional and stuff. Like calm down already Rosa.

The rhetoric might get emotional because millions die from this.
[/quote]
You can't sit at the front of the bus. Sorry.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='hot stuff' date='19 November 2009 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1258672208' post='2005872']
So what issues am I allowed to get angry over? If I can't get overly emotional about murder, than what can I get emotional about?
[/quote]
Dumb Christians and Republicans who don't support PETA and don't care about gays and Muslims.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='hot stuff' date='19 November 2009 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1258672208' post='2005872']
So what issues am I allowed to get angry over? If I can't get overly emotional about murder, than what can I get emotional about?
[/quote]
You can get angry and emotional about whatever you want. But anger and emotions aren't an argument.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1258672592' post='2005880']
You can get angry and emotional about whatever you want. But anger and emotions aren't an argument.
[/quote]

\\//,

And I mean that. :hippie:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1258672592' post='2005880']
[/quote]

Yet anger and emotions do not invalidate an argument.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 November 2009 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1258672983' post='2005885']
Uh, why was post #116 ignored, Fidei?
[/quote]
Because I'm done indulging.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 November 2009 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1258672983' post='2005885']
Uh, why was post #116 ignored, Fidei?
[/quote]
Do you really tawk like dis? Just curious.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1258673096' post='2005887']
Because I'm done indulging.
[/quote]

There is no indulging, Fidei. I am simply showing you that we can argue abortion from a scientific standpoint. In fact I prefer to approach it this way.