An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Supports Infanticide

cmotherofpirl

My brother John was 24 weeks at delivery. That was also in a time before ultrasounds, 1949. He's not just lucky to be alive, but he is lucky to not be blind. They didn't know how to regulate oxygen good in incubators back then, and some premmies ended up blind from too much.

This is why I don't like leaving these decisions in the hands of humans, be they doctor or bureaucrat. If we allow God to make those decisions from Conception to natural death then we don't have to worry about making a mistake about which child should live or die. I have nothing against doctors, my brother Ray is an internist. He didn't go into OBGYN because he said he didn't like getting woken up at night.

Fidei Defensor

I think all the debates about abortion going on here at Phatmass right now demonstrate that the only way Catholics know how to argue is to make inflammatory or overly emotional "arguments" because they have no more way to prove their side than pro-choice people do.

Just saying.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1258667776' post='2005808']
Just saying.
[/quote]
:rolling:

What does 'just saying' even mean? :lol_pound:

WHOOOOOOOOOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LLAP!!!!!!! \\//,

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='19 November 2009 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1258667921' post='2005813']
:rolling:

What does 'just saying' even mean? :lol_pound:

WHOOOOOOOOOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LLAP!!!!!!! \\//,
[/quote]
It means that I give up trying to debate it, I'm just saying it so that everyone can go "omgz abortion is MuRdErrrRR111!!one!" but I don't have to respond to it.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1258668591' post='2005821']
It means that I give up trying to debate it, I'm just saying it so that everyone can go "omgz abortion is MuRdErrrRR111!!one!" but I don't have to respond to it.
[/quote]
:yahoo:

O<!@ WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk:

I am forced to admit that this debate could be more constructive.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1258667776' post='2005808']
I think all the debates about abortion going in here at Phatmass right now demonstrate that the only way Catholics know how to argue is to make inflammatory or overly emotional "arguments" because they have no more way to prove their side than pro-choice people do.

Just saying.
[/quote]

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1258668591' post='2005821']
[/quote]

Anyone wonder what those comments would have looked like if the internet existed in the 1800's, dealing with the issues of that century? Let's jump in the ol' way back machine and take a look.

[quote name='Some Fellow' date='19 November 1854 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1258667776' post='2005808']
I think all the debates about slavery going in here American right now demonstrate that the only way Abolishionist know how to argue is to make inflammatory or overly emotional "arguments" because they have no more way to prove their side than pro-slavery people do.

Just saying.
[/quote]

[quote name='Some Fellow' date='19 November 1854 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1258668591' post='2005821']
It means that I give up trying to debate it, I'm just saying it so that everyone can go "omgz lynching is MuRdErrrRR111!!one!" but I don't have to respond to it.
[/quote]

It would be quite racist, but that's probably too emotional to point out.

Just saying.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1258667776' post='2005808']
I think all the debates about abortion going on here at Phatmass right now demonstrate that the only way Catholics know how to argue is to make inflammatory or overly emotional "arguments" because they have no more way to prove their side than pro-choice people do.

Just saying.
[/quote]
We were debating from a Catholic perspective, meaning that the Catechism is a perfectly valid source of what can be considered fact, since it's already accepted by both sides.
Our position has been very clearly established using these already accepted facts, so I don't see exactly how you can criticize this debate.

If we were debating with an atheist, our proofs would be very different.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 November 2009 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1258664107' post='2005754']
Ooooohhhhhhhh, NOW I GET IT.

We can save SO MUCH MONI3Z now that there's no reason to look for the cure for cancer. It's never been done, therefore IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN EVER.

We can apply this to pretty much everything! Think of the money that can be saved in those pointless R&D departments. Think of the money that we can redirect towards important things like abortion funding, contraceptive funding, and mandatory sterilizations of undesirables!! :)) :)) :)) :woot:

I LOVE WHEN I GET TO MAKE UP MY OWN RULES OF LOGIC!!!

-edit-
I think this is the most maliciously sarcastic post I've ever made. I'm standing by it.
[/quote]

You make me so proud. :sadder:

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 November 2009 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1258669646' post='2005828']
Anyone wonder what those comments would have looked like if the internet existed in the 1800's, dealing with the issues of that century? Let's jump in the ol' way back machine and take a look.

It would be quite racist, but that's probably too emotional to point out.

Just saying.
[/quote]
Not responding.

You are very high on my list of people I refuse to debate anymore. You can't construct an argument to save your life and the arguments you do "construct" are nothing but emotional bullock.

Emotion does not equate with fact. Good luck discovering that.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 November 2009 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1258669649' post='2005829']
We were debating from a Catholic perspective, meaning that the Catechism is a perfectly valid source of what can be considered fact, since it's already accepted by both sides.
Our position has been very clearly established using these already accepted facts, so I don't see exactly how you can criticize this debate.

If we were debating with an atheist, our proofs would be very different.
[/quote]
Note, I was talking about "all the debates about abortion going on here at Phatmass right now."

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1258669901' post='2005832']
Not responding.

You are very high on my list of people I refuse to debate anymore. You can't construct an argument to save your life and the arguments you do "construct" are nothing but emotional bullock.

Emotion does not equate with fact. Good luck discovering that.
[/quote]

Your not responding response, and mischaracterization is a badge of honor.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 November 2009 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1258670128' post='2005834']
Your not responding response, and mischaracterization is a badge of honor.
[/quote]
I didn't respond to your post, I responded to YOU. I said I wouldn't respond to the posts about abortion.

Good day.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='19 November 2009 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1258669965' post='2005833']
Note, I was talking about "all the debates about abortion going on here at Phatmass right now."
[/quote]
Is that including this one?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 November 2009 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1258669796' post='2005831']
You make me so proud. :sadder:
[/quote]
Nomad is WRONG!! :annoyed:

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 November 2009 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1258670234' post='2005837']
Is that including this one?
[/quote]
There is a gross overuse of emotional language in place of actual arguments, so yes. Regardless of the audience, repeating that "abortion is murder" until your head falls off isn't an argument.