An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's Insensitivity Following Shooting

Saint Therese

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='08 November 2009 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1257659847' post='1998102']
:offtopic:
[/quote]

Look at the poll. Obama has been tried and found guilty by the Court of Insensitivity, and has been sentenced to at least three more years of getting complained about. What more can we, the minority, say about it?

~Sternhauser

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='08 November 2009 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1257698473' post='1998221']
Look at the poll. Obama has been tried and found guilty by the Court of Insensitivity, and has been sentenced to at least three more years of getting complained about. What more can we, the minority, say about it?

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Pray :) and ask him to mend his ways.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='08 November 2009 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1257702749' post='1998242']
[/quote]
Maybe you should stick to the first thing and not try to debate publicly about it.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='08 November 2009 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1257702749' post='1998242']
[/quote]

An excellent idea. As a matter of fact, I very was surprised by the number of people suggesting that we pray for Barack Obama's conversion around election time. The idea of praying for Bill Clinton (or George Bush) did not occur to many people as necessary or efficacious (besides the "and let us pray for our 'leaders'" at mass.)

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='08 November 2009 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1257709475' post='1998294']
An excellent idea. As a matter of fact, I very was surprised by the number of people suggesting that we pray for Barack Obama's conversion around election time. The idea of praying for Bill Clinton (or George Bush) did not occur to many people as necessary or efficacious (besides the "and let us pray for our 'leaders'" at mass.)

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Sometimes it takes a really jarring dose of reality to get us to do what we should be doing all along.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='08 November 2009 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1257704349' post='1998247']
Maybe you should stick to the first thing and not try to debate publicly about it.
[/quote]

What good would that do other than allowing relativism to continue to step on and discredit any view which is not its own?

Edited by afrojohn

Its stuff like this, that the Right complained about, when the Left accused Bush of being insensitive, as he played golf during Hurricane Katrina.

Now the Right is doing what they complained about the Left doing.

Politics is dirty, which is why I stay Christ centered, and let the political ideologues have their nastiness.

Jim

dominicansoul

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='07 November 2009 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1257646877' post='1997983']
Ask yourself two questions: 1. How many people died in WWI? 2. Why did they die?
[/quote]

According to the Mother of God at Fatima, war is a punishment for sin. She also warned that if men did not amend their ways, a worse war would be fought in the future (WWII.)

In my humble opinion, terrorism is on the rise these days because it is a punishment for the acts of terror we have legalized in the womb...

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='09 November 2009 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1257773712' post='1998743']
According to the Mother of God at Fatima, war is a punishment for sin. She also warned that if men did not amend their ways, a worse war would be fought in the future (WWII.)

In my humble opinion, terrorism is on the rise these days because it is a punishment for the acts of terror we have legalized in the womb...
[/quote]

I tried responding to you in private message, to keep this thread on topic: talking about praying for Obama.

~Sternhauser

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='08 November 2009 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1257704349' post='1998247']
[/quote]

Totally! We wouldn't want anyone exercising their right to free speech.

+J.M.J.+
[url="http://www.villainouscompany.com/vcblog/archives/2009/11/why_obama_doesn.html"]What a military wife thinks of Obama[/url]
[quote]Tell me something: in a moment of national tragedy is it really too much to expect the President of the United States to forego the "shout outs"? Is it too much ask that he learn the difference between the Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Medal of Honor? What we require from our leaders at times like this is not much, really. No one expects them to actually care. What we want is precisely the kind of thing that comes so effortlessly to Barack Obama: honeyed words and a reassuring show of compassion from a man who thinks that quality is the most important attribute a Supreme Court judge can possess. A public acknowledgment that something grave has happened. But for some reason, asking the Commander in Chief of our armed forces to give even the appearance of empathy was a bridge too far.

Americans expect something more from their leaders in times of trouble. We expect grace. Empathy. Inspiration. A sense of solemn gravity that befits the nation's somber mood. When the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded killing 7 astronauts, Ronald Reagan postponed the State of the Union report to address and assuage the nation's shock and mourning.

Barack Obama, on the other hand, gave us shout outs.[/quote]

[url="http://www.luoamerican.com/baldilocks/2009/11/a-commanderinchief-visits-the-fort-hood-wounded.html"]and a commander-in-chief goes to visit the wounded.[/url] too bad it wasn't the current commander-in-chief.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='afrojohn' date='08 November 2009 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1257716429' post='1998374']
What good would that do other than allowing relativism to continue to step on and discredit any view which is not its own?
[/quote]
Are you saying prayer is worthless?

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 November 2009 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1257779476' post='1998761']
Totally! We wouldn't want anyone exercising their right to free speech.
[/quote]
It's a two way street, my dearest sugar lump honey cakes.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='09 November 2009 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1257786762' post='1998817']
It's a two way street, my dearest sugar lump honey cakes.
[/quote]

Of course, my little sweet gingerbread cookie. You can be as impatient as you want with Catholics on a Catholic forum, but in no way should we be impatient with crooked liberals (i.e. Obama), you butterscotch darling you.

Edited by HisChildForever

Maybe he should do something about his insensitivity?!
But then again, we don't call him Obamasquat for nothing - oh wait, we do call him that because of the nothing he's accomplished.

*start humming the rock and roll tune of 'superfreak'*
Obamasquat!!!
Obamasquat!!!

He's an Obamasquat!!!