An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's Insensitivity Following Shooting

Saint Therese

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1257538239' post='1997286']
Actually, the overnight trip to Dovear AFB was not announced to the press or even his staff, who only learned at the end of the day, that they were going to be working late.

Jim
[/quote]
Yet somehow, the press managed to make it there. And, were able to photograph Obama after the administration [url="http://nppa.org/news_and_events/news/2009/02/dover.html"]lifted the ban[/url] on photographing coffins of deceased service members.

dominicansoul

*sigh*...i guess what I was trying to say was, how can a man who supports infanticide have any compassion???

He's very hard to read...I've seen him smile and laugh...but even that seemed to be staged...most of the time obama seems very dry and emotionless...sometimes even more so than that cardboard, Al Gore...

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='06 November 2009 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1257540881' post='1997319']
*sigh*...i guess what I was trying to say was, how can a man who supports infanticide have any compassion???

He's very hard to read...I've seen him smile and laugh...but even that seemed to be staged...most of the time obama seems very dry and emotionless...sometimes even more so than that cardboard, Al Gore...
[/quote]

He does't support infanticide, but thats a different subject.

Jim

Edited by JimR-OCDS

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I'm not sure that it truly is insensitivity, just because I really have no idea how his brain works. I know he is human, and that he has an immense amount of stress put on him because of the position he is in. I also know that he should have been aware that this would be a demanding and draining position to hold.

I was taken aback by his informal opening, but if I think about it, he is the 'choice' of the 'youth'. He has a need to appear hip and youthful, without the formality, or 'stodginess' as some may define it, that we expect from a man in that position. He is appealing to those who got him where he is. He needs to keep that connection to keep credibility.

I can understand that the press conference was for another event, but I was also surprised on just how long it took for him to actually address the incident. We see much more of a man's true character showing when tragedies and the unforeseen happen.

I agree that the tragedy ought to have precedence over his other comments. It is a shame that his comments were carried out in this manner. We knew this was going to be an interesting presidency from the get-go. Let's pray and see where things go from here. He is only human after all...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1257540963' post='1997322']

Jim
[/quote]
Yes he does.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='06 November 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1257541022' post='1997325']
Yes he does.
[/quote]

Prove it

Jim

dominicansoul

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1257541211' post='1997327']
Prove it

Jim
[/quote]

why dont' you prove he doesn't?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1257541211' post='1997327']
Prove it

Jim
[/quote]
Obama for Infanticide.
3x he voted against the Infant Born Alive Act.
http://www.nrlc.org/News_and_Views/Aug08/nv081108part2.html

dominicansoul

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1257540963' post='1997322']

Jim
[/quote]

I'm not trying to "change the subject" but the subject at hand is that he showed "insensitivity" at the news of the massacre at Ft. Hood. My point is that since he is extremely insensitive to the life in the womb, why would he give a flip about soldiers getting massacred by one of their own?

He shows total indifference to me...except when it comes to his own aggrandizement.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='06 November 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1257542302' post='1997334']
I'm not trying to "change the subject" but the subject at hand is that he showed "insensitivity" at the news of the massacre at Ft. Hood. My point is that since he is extremely insensitive to the life in the womb, why would he give a flip about soldiers getting massacred by one of their own?

He shows total indifference to me...except when it comes to his own aggrandizement.
[/quote]
Mea culpa!

Saint Therese

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='06 November 2009 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1257532581' post='1997203']
Like many of Obama's actions, he does not carry the demeanor and decorum required of the president of this country. You could tell he was simply saying what was expected of him and had no real interest in the event. 90% of what was said was not words.
[/quote]

I agree. I think he couldn't have cared less.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='06 November 2009 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1257533374' post='1997216']
Every little mistake brings him that much closer to not being in office anymore. :)
[/quote]
:yes:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='06 November 2009 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1257541022' post='1997325']
Yes he does.[/quote]

Indeed he does. I've never understood how voters can trust a politician who is in favor of killing a large portion of the popoulace.

I'd think it would be very hard to know what to say. I do remember watching Ronald Reagan and his wife honor our Marines who were killed in Lebanon. It wasn't just his words, it was his actions.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='06 November 2009 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1257552266' post='1997391']
I'd think it would be very hard to know what to say. I do remember watching Ronald Reagan and his wife honor our Marines who were killed in Lebanon. It wasn't just his words, it was his actions.
[/quote]
I agree. Even a few moments of silence would have been appropriate. No need to say anything. Sometimes words aren't adequate anyway.
I find the minutes of silence on Remembrance Day particularly moving for that reason.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='06 November 2009 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1257556421' post='1997413']
I agree. Even a few moments of silence would have been appropriate. No need to say anything. Sometimes words aren't adequate anyway.
I find the minutes of silence on Remembrance Day particularly moving for that reason.
[/quote]

Here is something for Remembrance Day.

[url="http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/twain1.html"]The War Prayer, by Mark Twain[/url]

[url="http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/im_prepared_to_give_my_life_for"]I'm Prepared To Give My Life for This Country, or Any Country[/url]

[url="http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/davis-d1.html"]An Ancient Mandate For National Security: Political Reporage from the 11th Century, B.C.[/url]

[url="http://www.lewrockwell.com/hornberger/hornberger64.html"]The Troops Don't Defend Our Freedoms, by Jacob Hornberger. [/url]

[font="Verdana"][size="2"]To cite James Madison in the last article, "[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defense against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people."

And Patrick Henry, who "smelled a rat," had this to say: "[/size][/font][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="3"][font="Verdana"][size="2"]A standing army we shall have, also, to execute the execrable commands of tyranny; and how are you to punish them? Will you order them to be punished? Who shall obey these orders? Will your mace-bearer be a match for a disciplined regiment?"

~Sternhauser[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

Edited by Sternhauser