An Old School Catholic Message Board

Brookstone Fires Employee For Belief In Traditional Marriage

Brother Adam

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen/09d/vadala/index.html
[quote]
A Massachusetts man was fired from a national retail corporation because of his traditional beliefs on same-sex marriage. Peter Vadala was formally dismissed from his job as second deputy manager of the Brookstone store at Boston’s Logan Airport on August 12, 2009, after a supervisor reported him to Human Resources regarding an incident two days earlier.[/quote]

http://www.brookstone.com/customerServiceContactUsPage.jsp.vr

Thy Geekdom Come

I know a Peter Vadala who lives in Boston and went to Steubenville. I wonder...

Edit: Checked out the video. Yep, that's him!

Thy Geekdom Come

I started a boycott on Facebook. So far, I think I've lost them a few hundred dollars...but that's not bad for 20 minutes worth of spreading word.

Whenever I have been in those situations with my co-workers, it was always them who brought it up. Very frustrating, since accommodating the conversation might end up losing you a job.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='CatherineM' date='06 November 2009 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1257517739' post='1997057']
It is at times like this that I wish I still had a license. I would love to take this on.
[/quote]
You could always be legal counsel, right? I mean...I'm in contact with an FUS grad on Facebook who is the son-in-law of the canon lawyer (and secular lawyer) at FUS and I'm hoping he'll jump all over it, but he also has a ton of contacts in the legal profession. I want to see justice. Peter Vadala is a great guy and this just ticks me off.

Well, we only got one side of the story, "his," and so we really don't know if he did in fact harrass the woman or not?

Being a Catholic, I have been harassed by fundamentalist and JW's at work. It wouldn't surprise
me if this fellow was getting into this woman's face, because of her sexual orientation. However,
being we have only one side of the story, we really don't know.

Jim

I used to work for Brookstone. It was the worse job I've ever had (next to the traveling salesman thing). It was a horrible experience. Here's yet again another reason for me to despise this stupid store.

[quote name='Moosey' date='06 November 2009 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1257523554' post='1997103']
I used to work for Brookstone. It was the worse job I've ever had (next to the traveling salesman thing). It was a horrible experience. Here's yet again another reason for me to despise this stupid store.
[/quote]

But don't let the negative experience you have with the store, convince you that the facts persented
are in fact true.

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1257523242' post='1997097']
Well, we only got one side of the story, "his," and so we really don't know if he did in fact harrass the woman or not?

Being a Catholic, I have been harassed by fundamentalist and JW's at work. It wouldn't surprise
me if this fellow was getting into this woman's face, because of her sexual orientation. However,
being we have only one side of the story, we really don't know.

Jim
[/quote]

You have got to be joking.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='06 November 2009 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1257524191' post='1997113']
You have got to be joking.
[/quote]

No I'm not.

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 November 2009 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1257524186' post='1997112']
But don't let the negative experience you have with the store, convince you that the facts persented
are in fact true.

Jim
[/quote]
In a free market, a single negative experience is more than enough reason to boycott a retailer. ^_^
It's my right as a consumer to boycott for any reason, or none at all if I just feel like it.