An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Life Fair

add

is life fair  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='06 November 2009 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1257530616' post='1997182']
I was cynical and jaded when I was in elementary school; its only now that I have trust in Jesus that I've become more optimistic.
[/quote]
Me too, except junior high for me.

Thankfully, salvation is not fair.

Life would also be unfair, except for the fact that this world, in and of itself, is ultimately of no consequence.

little_miss_late

[quote name='XIX' date='06 November 2009 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1257537939' post='1997283']

[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='XIX' date='06 November 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1257537939' post='1997283']

Life would also be unfair, except for the fact that this world, in and of itself, is ultimately of no consequence.
[/quote]

Au contraire, your actions in this world are most certainly ofgreat consequence.

The trials of life can be cruel, the trials can be unjust, but thetrails may too open your eyes.

Enlightenment is the goal.

This reading from Evening Prayer last evening touched me, and reminded me of this thread.

[quote]Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete,
lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4[/quote]

Jim

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='07 November 2009 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1257519598' post='1997073']
Dispare is a lack of faith.

I'm 58 years of age, and have gone through many trials.

I don't see life as being unfair, because I place my trust in God, and he has gotten me through
everything I've gone through.

Jim
[/quote]

I would say that I could write the same as this except that I'm 3 years older and dam' it Jim ( Star Trek emoticon) my name is Mark. If my life has been unfair, it is in the positive direction. When I look back at the 'footprints in the sand' there is only one pair for most of the way.

Edited by Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 November 2009 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1257373488' post='1996242']
God is fair . . .
[/quote]
God is also life, and therefore life is fair.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='07 November 2009 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1257633854' post='1997874']
God is also life, and therefore life is fair.
[/quote]

You're making two different senses of the word into one.

[quote name='iheartjp2' date='08 November 2009 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1257698059' post='1998220']
You're making two different senses of the word into one.
[/quote]
That certainly is not my intention. God is life, God is fair, and so life is fair. :)

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='11 November 2009 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1257949734' post='2000620']
If life is fair, then people will get their way, right?
[/quote]
That would only follow if you mistakenly identify "fairness" with getting what you want.

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='13 November 2009 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1258121545' post='2002087']
What is fairness to you?
[/quote]

To me, its the fact that I've been given life here on earth, but also the chance to share in eternal happiness with God.

After all I've done to offend God, fairness would be for Him to just snuff me out of existence altogether.

But God is merciful, so, who are we to complain about what is not fair?

Jim