An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Life Fair

add

is life fair  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='04 November 2009 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1257257430' post='1995654']
I don't see life as a test, i.e. one we must pass or fail, but rather, a growth experience.

The challenges we go through in life builds character and we become stronger after going through
each one. That is of course if you accept the challenge as a growth experience.

As St Theresa said, unfortunately, many waste the opportunity for growth by belly-aching

Jim
[/quote]

Can't imagine why anyone would give this post a minus!! :shock: This really is a phunny phorum. dam it Jim! (Star Trek emoticon ) Are you sure I'm not back on a mental illness phorum?

Edited by Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='03 November 2009 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1257311251' post='1995992']
Can't imagine why anyone would give this post a minus!! :shock: This really is a phunny phorum. dam it Jim! (Star Trek emoticon ) Are you sure I'm not back on a mental illness phorum?
[/quote]
Some people carry grudges between threads.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='04 November 2009 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1257311251' post='1995992']
[/quote]

Ah yes, but I gave it a +1 which rebalanced the scales again! :lol_roll:

Sometimes life seems like a mental illness phorum! :topsy:

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='04 November 2009 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1257311251' post='1995992']
Can't imagine why anyone would give this post a minus!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img] This really is a phunny phorum. dam it Jim! (Star Trek emoticon ) Are you sure I'm not back on a mental illness phorum?
[/quote]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

What do you mean, I gave this post a minus?

There's something I'm missing here?

Jim

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='03 November 2009 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1257257430' post='1995654']
I don't see life as a test, i.e. one we must pass or fail, but rather, a growth experience.

The challenges we go through in life builds character and we become stronger after going through
each one. That is of course if you accept the challenge as a growth experience.

As St Theresa said, unfortunately, many waste the opportunity for growth by belly-aching

Jim
[/quote]
You must not have had too many then. Your "challenges" can be devastating, heart-breaking, life-altering kicks in the teeth. Its only after many years and you are out of the pain looking back can you refer to them as " challenges".

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='04 November 2009 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1257351656' post='1996106']
You must not have had too many then. Your "challenges" can be devastating, heart-breaking, life-altering kicks in the teeth. Its only after many years and you are out of the pain looking back can you refer to them as " challenges".
[/quote]

When you place your trust in God, he gets you through, whatever comes your way.

Jim

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='04 November 2009 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1257357777' post='1996155']
fairness is overrated
[/quote]

Apparently, so are intelligence, courtesy, sincerity, loyalty, responsibility, working your bum off, giving your all, basically anything that makes you a decent human being these days.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='05 November 2009 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1257349925' post='1996093']
I have no idea what you're talking about.

What do you mean, I gave this post a minus?

There's something I'm missing here?

Jim
[/quote]

Dam' it Jim (ST emoticon) You're not paying attention. Someone gave your post a minus. 'Nunsense' kindly gave you a plus which has cancelled it.I would have done it but that phacility is a pet hate of mine. Phor the phollowing reason.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 November 2009 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1257312095' post='1995999']
Some people carry grudges between threads.
[/quote]

And I suspect it's not limited to non Catholics, unphortunately. Somehow I feel it is a Phailure to the inphallible teaching to have such a thing on a 'Christian' phorum. With the plus, while it is nice to give someone encouragement for a well written post, the anonymous system leaves open the possibility of deviousness and glory seeking. As for the minus, I think that it is underhanded and uncharitable Phull Stop.

Edited by Mark of the Cross

Servus_Mariae

Nah...life isn't fair. lol. Sin causes disorder and disorder leads to unfair circumstance.

Edited by Servus_Mariae

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='04 November 2009 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1257369824' post='1996213']
Life is fair, people aren't
[/quote]
Neither life or people are fair. If life was fair babies wouldn't die of cancer or neglect. If people were fair we wouldn't have violence or war.