An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Life Fair

add

is life fair  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

txdinghysailor

Yes, life is fair. I've found in my 20 years of studying life and living, that the good parts of life are always balanced out by the bad parts. Therefore life is fair, even though sometimes it sure seems like it isn't

I picked something else. Life is what you make it. If you constantly dwell on the bad and the miserable then well, life is going to be a miserable journey for ya. If you take life by the reins and direct it then you have something totally different. Life has ups and downs. You have to take both because well you really have no choice. Take initiative to live life and the bad is easier to take and easier to learn from.

rhetoricfemme

I chose, "yes," and, "more of a trial and a test."

Considering I have a choice to moan and complain, or take things for what they are and work with it... That seems pretty fair. Not to mention that there's so much goodness, too. And considering that Christ is the literal definition of perfect and took one hell of a beating for me, who is infinitely imperfect... Yeah, my life is fair.

little_miss_late

There are days when life seems unfair from my perspective. But Psalm 112 tells me that the righteous shall be remembered forever and that the desires of the wicked come to nothing.

AccountDeleted

If we honestly believe that God counts every hair on our head and every swallow that falls, and that He knows everything, then yes, life has to be fair, because He is all goodness and knows what is best for each and every one of us. It may not "appear" to be fair, but we just can't see the whole picture from where we are.

Fair? No. Good and just, sure, but not fair.

To me, "fair" in this context means means that everyone gets the same share, same opportunity, same rules. That's not the world I've seen.

It's also a useless concept, when it comes to life.

Life is not fair, never close. Should tinytherese step back and say life is fair?

Good question for you though, What does it really matter if life is fair or not?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='01 November 2009 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1257098716' post='1994834']
All of the above.
[/quote]

Thanks for the idea. That's how I voted.

[quote name='Paddington' date='01 November 2009 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1257122871' post='1994965']
Thanks for the idea. That's how I voted.
[/quote]
The reason I said it, personally, is that I'm prepared to make a case for any of them, and I didn't want to say that any are really wrong either. :)

Bad times allow us to appreciate the good we have. It's all woven together and you can't have one without the other. I like the line "Ay, even in the very temple of Delight veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine".

Too much dark is blidning. Too much light is blinding.